Our client is re-tooling their manufacturing facility to build electric vehicles. As part of this transformation, there is a requirement to plan the data interfaces from the existing and new equipment to the overall IT systems for error proofing and reporting within the general assembly area. The base data interface specifications are already determined.
The role of the planning engineers will be to drive the project forward in line with the equipment installation timing.
You will be responsible for:
- Documenting the current situation for existing equipment that will be reused / modified.
- Documenting requirements for new equipment as part of an overall RFQ process
- Liaising with suppliers during the RFQ process.
- Analysis of cost for the data interface portion for each offer received
- Manage the detailed timing of the data interface implementation
- Pre tests at suppliers
- Process checks
- Confirmation that data is transferring as required with the correct outcomes
You will work as part of a wider team with Segula colleagues and the plant’s own engineering and IT migration teams.
You will track suppliers' progress throughout the process. You will maintain an issues/actions list and participate in web & teleconference calls.