- Perform preventative & corrective maintenance on electrical systems and associated equipment.
- Inspect completed work to ensure quality requirements are met.
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting & repair of faults in electrical systems using test equipment.
- Interpret maintenance manuals, electrical schematics & drawings & prepare drawings/schematics to communicate with others in performance of work.
- Completes work tasks according to industry standards and using approved work procedures, accounts for all time & materials in MAXIMO used to complete maintenance tasks and sign off your work as being completed according to maintenance plan and quality standards.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules and perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Graduation from High School or equivalent.
- Specialized technical training in either Electrical, Mechanical or Electronics to the technician level from a recognized institution.
- Intermediate Computer Skills in Microsoft Office Applications & Windows Operating System.
- Ability to speak and write in English.
Michael Z., Electrical/instrumentation supervisor
Life isn’t a sprint, it’s a marathon!
My role at SEGULA Technologies:
I joined SEGULA Technologies almost a year ago. I work for one of the group’s clients in the fields of electricity and instrumentation, supervising new works.
My current assignment includes both design and supervision.
In my 21 years of experience, I have held many positions involving the maintenance and supervision of works. First of all, I was a technician, then head of maintenance and maintenance contracts concerning electricity, instrumentation and telephony.
Throughout my career, I’ve been fortunate enough to meet people who have been quick to trust me and given me the opportunity to progress in my field.
After a BEP in electronics and a BEP/CAP in electrotechnics (National Vocational Qualifications), I found my first job. After ten years, I decided to complete my initial training with a BTS (Higher Technician Certificate) sandwich course to become an electrical site manager.
+My biggest project:
In 2009, I set up various energy-saving solutions on a 93-hectare industrial site, which saved over 47,000 Euros a year, with a three-year return on investment.
In 2018, I was responsible for coordinating and monitoring the instrumentation/electrical works of a project on an industrial site in Rouen.
Subject: Setting up a 1,200 m conveyor belt, creating a HV/LV electrical substation (5.5kV) and revamping an existing HV substation.
1,800 hours of coordination for 58,000 hours worked by the companies involved.
+My greatest passion:
Taking on new challenges, motorbikes, dancing, cooking and travelling.
+My biggest dream:
Going to live in Miami!
Dynamic company, really good atmosphere and managers who listen.
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is assisting a major automotive OEM in hiring a Power Technician to join our growing team in New York, NY.
This is a DIRECT hire opportunity, NOT a Contractual role.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including comprehensive relocation package, and great opportunities for career growth!