Electrical Automation Engineer
- Provide Electrical Engineering design for assigned projects including power and control circuit, electrical schematic drawings, layout drawings, component specification, and bill of materials
- Respect company electrical design standards in all equipment designs.
- Create Budgetary Estimates and Bid Packages on assigned projects.
- Create project documentation: electrical designs, technical offer, safety risk assessment, maintenance & operator training documents and user manuals.
- Facilitate the order of equipment and materials for assigned projects.
- Provide equipment acceptance inspections on equipment that comes into the plant
- Provide Management of electrical contractor or maintenance installation teams during equipment modifications & machine installations through Start-up and Commissioning.
- Provide liaison between facility engineering, central quality, methods and purchasing teams, and equipment suppliers to assure good mutual system requirement understanding.
- Project support, especially during installation, start-up and ramp up phases, is often "on-site" and "hands on", and many projects include implementation schedules during holidays and shutdowns. Travel expectations are typically up to 30% of time over the course of a year, however the travel requirement is often not evenly distributed throughout the year. Depending on project assignments, travel percentage can exceed 30%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred, or equivalent technical education and experience
- Preferred 2-4 years of engineering experience
- Willing to travel 30-50% domestic and some international (within USA, Mexico and Canada)
- Experienced with electrical design standards and able to complete electrical systems designs using standard CAD design tools, AutoCAD is required, SEE electrical and Solidworks Electrical preferred.
- Experienced with PLC programming standards & programming software, including GRAFCET, Ladder Logic, and Structured Text. Specific experience with Rockwell and Siemens is a plus.
- Experienced with variable frequency drives and motion control technologies. Specific experience with Rockwell, Siemens and Control Techniques is a plus.
- Experienced with HMI configuration, programming and communication. Specific experience with Rockwell is a plus.
- Experienced with controls systems network interfaces and various protocols for communications between devices including computer system databases.
- Vision System configuration and interface for width measurement applications and defect detection applications is preferred, but not required. Specific experience with Cognex, Keyence, Adept, Bytewise, Gocator is a plus.
- Robotic experience, configuration or knowledge is preferred, but not required. Specific experience with Fanuc, ABB is a plus.
Be part of life at SEGULA
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of the offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring a Electrical Automation Engineer to join our growing team in Greenville, SC.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 28 countries and with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 13,500 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.