Industrial Project Engineer
- Provide Mechanical Engineering design for assigned projects including machine specification, sizing and selection, mechanical part, assembly and schematic drawings, layout drawings, components specification, sizing and selection, bill of materials and complete machine documentation package for life of machine (dossier).
- Respect company mechanical design standards in all equipment designs.
- Create budget estimates and bid packages on assigned projects.
- Provide project documentation: mechanical designs, technical offer, safety risk assessment, maintenance & operator training documents and user manuals.
- Facilitate the procurement of equipment and materials for assigned projects.
- Provide equipment acceptance inspections on equipment that comes into the plant.
- Management of mechanical contractors or maintenance installation teams during equipment modifications & machine installations through start-up and commissioning.
- Provide liaison between facility engineering, central quality, methods and purchasing teams, and equipment suppliers to assure good mutual system requirement understanding.
- Project support, especially during installation, start-up and ramp up phases, is often "on-site" and "hands on", and many projects include implementation schedules during holidays and shutdowns. Travel expectations are typically up to 30% of time over the course of a year, however the travel requirement is often not evenly distributed throughout the year. Depending on project assignments, travel percentage can exceed 30%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical education and experience.
- Preferred 5+ years of engineering experience.
- Willing to travel 30-50% domestic and some international (mainly USA, Mexico and Canada)
- Experience with mechanical design standards; OSHA, ASME, ANSI, ISO, etc.
- Mechanical design tools; Solidworks is required, AutoCAD or Draftsight 2D is preferred.
- Experience with document management systems (PLM) is required, Team Center is preferred.
- Experience with mechanics of materials, stress analysis and FEA is preferred.
- Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, piping and fitting is required.
- Experience with lifting devices, cranes, jibs, below the hook devices and end-effectors.
- Knowledge of sizing and selection of motor-reducer combinations.
- Experience with measurement and vision system is preferred.
- Knowledge of advanced technologies in robotics, AGV, ASRS, AI (machine learning) preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office apps (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Experience in Project Team Leadership or Project Management is preferred.
- Detailed installation planning including risk assessment, timeline and step by step installation.
- Management of internal and external contractors to accomplish objectives.
- Managing correction of equipment non-conformities and acceptance.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and resolve issues.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to network and develop positive relationship with team members and internal partners.
Be part of life at SEGULA
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of the offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring a Industrial Project Engineer to join our growing team in Greenville, SC.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 28 countries and with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 13,500 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.