The Vehicle Cost Engineer (VCE) is the vehicle level cost program manager from initial concept to the end of life for a vehicle program. The Vehicle Cost Engineer is responsible for owning the overall vehicle cost definition and cost management process, including driving uniformity in the development and tracking of component targets and change management.
● Develop component level cost targets, applying vehicle top down budget allocation.
● Understand and apply reference vehicle data and Low Cost Country savings to EBOM component level data.
● Understanding of vehicle construction by systems (Body, Chassis, Powertrain, Interior, etc) and subsystems (Underbody, suspension, trim, cooling, HVAC, etc)
● Understand part break up of vehicles and how they are assembled
● Ability to identify and organize technical commodities into their functional purpose
● Identify and propose design alternatives to meet and exceed aggressive cost targets
● Lead cross functional team reviews of cost status to target, component sourcing, governance cost report outs.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university or Bachelor Degree in Finance. Other educational credentials combined with relevant experience, may be considered
* Minimum of 5 years of automotive industry experience at an OEM or large tier 1 to include one or more of the following areas:
* Engineering Program Management (Technical or Financial), including leading a cross functional team
* Vehicle Program Management (Technical or Financial), including leading a cross functional team
* Engineering Design & Development
* Advanced technical or management degree
* Excellent relationship building skills
* Ability to present ideas and concepts successfully to all levels of management
* Ability to productively manage change
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
Join the world of the future in a fast growing international company!
At SEGULA Technologies you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects and help shaping the future within an engineering company which is at the heart of innovation. From 3D printing, augmented reality, connected vehicle to the factory of the future – new technologies are part of our 13,000 ingenious collaborators’ day-to-day life. Would you like to join in?
Whether you are a student, young graduate, engineer or experienced project manager, at SEGULA Technologies you will find the opportunity to give a new meaning to your career. Skills development is a big part of SEGULA Technologies’ DNA, the company offers the possibility to move between sectors and positions, as well as attractive geographic mobility opportunities.
SEGULA Technologies is always looking for new, ingenious, and daring talents worldwide to support all the major industrial actors within the automotive, aeronautics, energy, railway, naval, oil & gas and pharmaceutical sectors.