Prepare project timing, planning and tracking of all related activities
- Steering of material and part management for this project
- Support Tests of these new parts
- Coordinate all test activities with test houses
- Planning, follow up and tracking of all development and validation activities
- Documentation and follow up of program performance and timing status
- Provide input into PLM / Altis / 3DCom and DOCINFO Info system as required
- Industrialization of these new parts
- Investigation of part failures
- Develop product improvements together with part suppliers and the O/V organization.
- Validation of part changes according functional and durability requirements.
- Management of manufacturing assembly try outs and trial runs on changed parts.
- Design release on parts changed or modified for higher quality, based on legal and O/V requirements.
- Define Root Cause and Containment and serial solution, benchmark competitor solutions (material & concept).
- Initiate ECR (TWO), Update PLM/initiate EWO, ALTIS, 3DCOM and drive implementation in PSA plant.
- Provide, track and update detailed Timing.
- Control Costs and manage
- Provide views and sections
- Support if it is an Interface Issue
- Support PRF items, ideas and targets
- PIV Plan update, execution & control for all quality driven changes according
- Report all project related deliverables to the CP (Charge de projet) who is the project manager of the respective scope or subsystem. He is attending the SMT-meeting of the CP.
- Support to define the scope with the project in PORO-meetings in order to establish the BOM. He is applying for the respective partnumbers (NPPA).
- Supporting the Engineering Leaders (PE) with any change of the BOM through BOM commission.
- Support and enables to meet the defined diversity targets.
- Support to validate the quality targets (IQx).
- Support with technical expertise cost engineering during the PORO-process.
- Manage the technical concept choice (ICA).
- Manage the RFQ-process. The main task is his technical assessment and the completion of the package.
- Ensure that the QCDP (quality, cost, timing, performance)-targets of his scope will be achieved.
- Leading the design phase. Establishing weekly meetings with with the supplier.
- Cross functional Communication with purchasing, program team, and affected departments.
- Responsible for meeting deadline targets managed by the CP.
- Entering the APQP-grids in PLM / Release System.
- Provide entry data and deliverables for the interface management in PLM.
- Support engineering Leader (PE) with styling related topics to assure styling convergence in time and enables the CP to manage potential risks and deviations.
- Manage CTF/PCP / RCM evaluation and check and control that the supplier feedback is in line with the requirements of the SMT and project.
- Responsible for the change request followed in PLM. Attend to the GDM (change) meetings. Manage product evolution with ME and / or the supplier. Participating in the monthly meetings lead by purchasing.
- Responsible and support with Technical Lead that the design scope meets all corporate technical standards and works together with the Engineering leaders (PE) to guarantee the robustness of the PLM data.
- Responsible for release process (RT/RAL) in PLM. Manage release in time with help / escalation to CP.
- Provide technical kick-offs of responsible parts according to the schedule after purchasing confirmed in the TKO-meeting the readiness and provided the purchase orders.
- Checking and ensure that the performance targets are met with the PIV (validation plan) as the tool and manages all deviations with the supplier.
A successfully completed degree in the field of automotive engineering, mechanical engineering
Experience in the area of interior/exterior trims
Knowledge of PLM software in a plus
Experience in project work and in dealing with OEM's
Fluent knowledge of English and preferable German
Team-oriented, independent and self-reliant way of working
Leopoldo F., Senior CAD Designer
My philosophy :
“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”
Role at SEGULA Technologies:
I’m a Senior CAD (Computer Aided Designer) at SEGULA Mexico. CAD Designers use technology to help generate designs for complex projects. These designs may be used to create 2D images, a process known as surface modelling, or 3D images, or solid modelling.
I used to work for Volvo Buses Mexico as a Product Engineer, was there for 5 years until Ford Motor Company looked in my direction and made an offer. I took the opportunity and was there for 6 months until I took an opportunity with Novares, a French company that makes plastic parts as a Tier1 Supplier for several clients but mainly VW. I was there until I got the call from SEGULA to work on a project with Volvo Trucks, I was instantly interested by the challenge and as for today, very happy to be part of it.
I studied Mechanical and Electrical Engineering at “Universidad Iberoamericana”. Since then I focused my carreer into Automotive Design. I´m certified for HVAC design and maintenance by Eberspacher. Also, Axalta certified me in surface treatment technologies and procedures and I´m an advanced user for Catia Surface Design certified by SSC Group. Thermo plastics expert design certification by “Capacitación en Plástico”. Crash course with “Rigoletti” for Clay Modeling was part of my training for automotive design focused career.
+ greatest projects:
All projects have been really great and challenging. One in particular for Volvo buses which I was in charge of various commodities was the Volvo 9800 Coach. I was involved in that project from scratch and it is very pleasing to see it on the roads now after all the efforts and challenges it involved.
+ greatest passion:
Cars, engines… Not in a super tune or Pimp my ride way. Any engine will do the trick, I love fixing my own cars in my spare time, from a simple oil change to advanced timing belt replacement or valve adjustments. Anything a car needs to have done I can do, I love when it gets challenging to get to a difficult component.
+ greatest dream:
My greatest dream is to leave a footprint that can be seen globally. I´ve always liked the idea of using technology to solve everyday problems and there I see a gap that will need to be filled endlessly, no rush when I see the opportunity I´m totally gonna take it.
+ at SEGULA Technologies:
I see great potential in SEGULA technologies, being an engineering consultant opens a wide variety of opportunities, many clients are looking for external engineering services and for now I was called to be part of a specific project with Volvo Trucks North America, but I already had the opportunity to support aeronautical projects with Hutchinson Canada. I guess what I mean is that SEGULA is the type of company where you can learn a lot out of different fields.