- Analyze and calculate EST (Engineering Standard Time) using Team center.
- Initiate and complete paper scroll, an initial scroll completed in excel that will be transferred to AMPs (Automated Manufacturing Planning System).
- Collaborate with cross-functional launch team to validate paper scroll.
- Participate in digital scrolls.
- Develop work assignment in AMPS for all operations following VPE (Vehicle Process Engineering) standard including MODAPTS estimate, process sheet and part assignment.
- Ensure the saturation and process expectations of each man assignment abides by the specific launch requirements.
- Work directly with Process Engineers to ensure that all process sheet steps have been addressed and assigned in the work assignment (including safety / critical joints, tooling, and quality inclusions as applicable).
- Create Standard Work with MODAPTS time utilizing AMPS.
- Identify work requirements by VA / NVA to help identify and eliminate waste in the process.
- Work with all other departments (Tooling, Ergonomics, Quality, Materials, Launch Team, etc.) to ensure that everything is in place that is identified in the Standard Work.
- Review work assignments with the Union in the WPI environment to gain buyoff on the elements, order of execution, and times assigned.
- Review layouts established by WPI to ensure that the facility requirements and NVA walk meet the expectations of the Standard Work and buyoff layout.
- Provide documentation to union workers to validate Standard Work during slow builds at build locations, and Pilot builds at the assembly plants.
- Perform Rate Capability requirements during builds to ensure that the Standard Work meets the requirement and is not over cycle. This includes static and dynamic rate capability assessments. Implement the resolution required to bring the non-conforming stations into cycle.
- Meet saturation, product design, ergonomics, safety, quality, and any other plant specific requirements.
- Perform Cycle time validation checks for assembly lines and automated systems.
- Assign DNUM (electrical connection identification numbers) to the AMPS job step that processes the connection or part.
- Assign QIDs (Quality Identification number) and MPBOs (Mandatory Positive Buy Offs) to the appropriate job steps in AMPS.
- Request simulations to the Virtual Assembly team for processes where additional detail is needed to assess man assignment details/flow, tooling interfaces, vehicle clearances and assembly sequences.
- Review all changes from product and process engineering and update the scroll. Create playbook 1 pagers to explain the impact of the change to the scroll.
- Ensure standard work in the SWI does not exceed the program identified station efficiency or saturation.
- Utilize RMS to log all issues associated with the launch.
- Utilize change control to log and receive buyoffs for all standard work changes that occur after scroll freeze.
- Identify and resolve throughput issues utilizing kaizen methodology.
- Identify stations impact caused by the Job 1 Option Introduction matrix for each launch variant.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field/work experience.
- Automotive or manufacturing knowledge preferred.
- Time study knowledge.
- MODAPTS certified and proficient.
- Proficient in MS Office / Google Suite applications.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Experience utilizing Team center required.
Participez à la vie chez SEGULA
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of the offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring an Industrial Engineer to join our growing team in Warren, MI.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 28 countries and with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 11,000 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.