Human Resource Manager
- Delivers HR products, processes, and services, including performance management, compensation planning, personnel development, international service, personnel relations, pulse and employee engagement, morale improvement, employee advocacy and organizational development initiatives
- Supports efforts related to investigations, performance and absence management, and disciplinary action
- Provides guidance and support regarding Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) preparation and responding to government inquiries
- Provides consultation and support regarding employee relations, staffing/talent selection, and training
- Assesses employee leadership competencies/capabilities and identifies appropriate learning solutions to respond to business requirements
- Ability to think strategically with an enterprise view in designing programs and learning solutions
- Responsible for all aspects of learning solution design, from assessment, design and development to evaluation
- Builds strong relationships with operations partners, HR colleagues and experts, and other business partners to jointly deliver business objectives, remove roadblocks, and resolve issues
- Partners with operations to develop and execute strategies that 1) build leadership and technical talent, 2) engage employees and improve morale, 3) improve bench strength, 4) improve team effectiveness and 5) focus on diversity and inclusion
- Leads and supports change efforts to meet customer needs • Partners with COEs to develop HR processes and deliver appropriate solutions (e.g., recruiting, competency assessment, ranking, organizational design)
- Analyzes data and uses technology to proactively identify and diagnose business needs / opportunities and develop solutions to meet those needs
- Develops and implements process improvements related to Human Resources
- Supervises a team and manages their career development
- Comfortable operating within ambiguity (high level of ambiguity tolerance) and complexity
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Hiring and Staffing: Has a nose for talent; hires the best people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles talented staffs
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; hold frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
- Integrity & Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished trust in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
- Ethics & Values: Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary
Minimum Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or Related Discipline
- Master in related field preferred
- Experience in HR generalist leadership in a unionized, manufacturing environment Minimum Years of Experience Required:
- Eight (8) to Ten (10) Years’ Experience in Human Resources with educational requirement
- Fifteen (15) Years’ Experience in Human Resources without educational requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to guide and influence all levels
- Demonstrated conflict management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organization skills
- Ability to work closely and successfully with others in order to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate resources across multiple functions
- Experience partnering with global team preferred
Participez à la vie chez SEGULA
MUST be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of the offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is assisting hiring a major Heavy Commercial Vehicle OEM client for a Human Resource Manager based in New River Valley (Dublin) VA.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity !
At New River Valley (NRV), 3000+ team members assemble premier trucks in our body-in-white, cab assembly, cab paint operations, and final assembly. Our site has more than 2,000,000 square feet under roof. Our product range of trucks includes environmentally friendly diesel, Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and electro mobility units. Plus, our new $400 million expansion includes a new 300,000 sq. ft. Plant 2 building, laying the foundation for new ways of working.
We incorporate technology, innovation, craftsmanship, a family-based culture, and pride in
assembly at NRV. It’s a great place to work – and live!
This position provides support, counsel, and guidance to Executive Management,
Business Unit Management, Supervision, and the Workforce at the New River Valley (NRV)
plant with respect to people, culture, and training.