Manufacturing Engineers (Automotive Body Shop)
We are currently looking for a team of Manufacturing Engineers to work from our Client's site in Solihull. As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be working in the department which is responsible for all Manufacturing Engineering activities within Body in White on new vehicle, model year programmes or current programs. This role will provide engineering and technical support to design, develop, implement and maintain manufacturing production processes and associated equipment to enable successful launch of new products, ensuring feasibility of all designs to suit manufacturing build requirements, Design for Assembly (DFA) and compliance with the Bill of Process (BOP).
This includes the creation and continuous improvement of process, all process equipment, delivery of tools, jigs & fixtures, quality problem solving, data analysis and reporting of major issues, deployment of failure mode avoidance tools, support of cross-functional teams in the resolution of those issues on projects and the tracking of resolution through to completion.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Application of Lean Manufacturing and Design principles.
- Responsibility for Control Plan adherence and updates.
- Attending meetings at all levels and present where applicable.
- Feasibility of all process designs to suit manufacturing build requirements – Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Building process strategy for manufacturing.
- Planning, developing, implementation and continuous improvement of all capable GSPAS Processes for manufacturing, including change management.
- Planning, development, procurement and implementation of all Process equipment tooling, jigs and fixtures for manufacturing.
- Management of equipment design & procurement process
- Management of process equipment Installation where applicable
- Supplier selection and vendor management.
- Process Capability of all processes, product and equipment, including Dimensional Management applications.
- Quality Planning, Problem Solving and Analysis for Manufacturing.
- Involvement in the departments work through development and monitoring of timing plans.
- Ensuring adherence to Integrated Production System (IPS) deliverables.
- Managing technical issues and escalating where appropriate.
- Contributing to the development and submission of departmental responses to product letters etc.
- Supporting and leading virtual build events, raising and managing issues where appropriate.
- Supporting physical builds at Assembly Plant locations, raising and managing issues where appropriate.
- Problem resolution in current manufacturing
- Managing the Change during launch and current vehicle changes
- Undertaking any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
- Strong Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Experience of working in a Body Shop
- Experience of creating and improving processes
- Ability to get to the bottom of the issue
- Ability to engage and communicate with various stakeholders (internal and external)
- Ideally educated to degree level in Manufacturing or a similar engineering discipline
- Knowledge of and involvement in the product development phase or current manufacture
- Project management experience
- Understanding of IPS requirements & Lean Manufacturing
Participez à la vie chez SEGULA
Join the world of the future in a fast-growing international company! At SEGULA Technologies you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects and help shaping the future within an engineering company which is at the heart of innovation. We offer our customers the answers they need to position themselves on the market with the necessary speed in the face of growing cost, competitive and innovation pressure. Our expertise covers cars as well as buses, trucks, agricultural vehicles or industrial vehicles. Ever more innovative solutions such as Decarbonated hydrogen, autonomy, design of recyclable materials, lightening of vehicles, holographic projection... We are working on the technological breakthroughs that will facilitate the mobility of tomorrow.