Impact Safety Test Engineer
The Impact Safety Test Engineer is accountable for planning, organizing, and executing impact safety-related tests to ensure the successful completion of full-size vehicle, component, and/or occupant sled testing. This role demands expertise in both domestic and global regulatory requirements.
- Reviewing impact test regulations and test requests provided by requestors, issuing work instructions to Salaried Bargaining Unit technicians, mechanics, and photographers, conducting tests according to regulations, and validating post-test data.
- Ensuring the proper configuration of test data collection systems and verifying the capture of required test data.
- Collaborating with equipment suppliers/internal departments to coordinate calibrations/repairs, staying abreast of current software and hardware best practices.
- Conducting onsite physical preparation and testing, collaborating with vehicle-related hardware and software.
- Developing and implementing new test methods and/or equipment.
- Familiarity with global component and vehicle impact test regulations, potentially involving the management of improvements to department processes.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited University.
- 1-3 years of experience in the automotive industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & MS Teams.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Capacity to oversee multiple continuous improvement initiatives and engineering projects with minimal supervision.
- Competence in operating precise data acquisition equipment and software, or the ability to quickly master these systems.
Participez à la vie chez SEGULA
Accelerate your career with a fast-growing global engineering group. At SEGULA Technologies, you'll work on exciting projects and help shape the future in a company where innovation goes hand in hand with engineering.
3D printing, augmented reality, autonomous vehicles, the factory of the future... these are the daily rhythms of our 10,000 ingenious employees, so why not yours?
Whether next door or on the other side of the world, at SEGULA Technologies you'll find the opportunity that will give new meaning to your career!
This position requires daily travels to the USA; candidates must hold Canadian citizenship or have the ability to work in the USA.