Senior Stress Engineer - Aerospace
- Perform structural analysis using classical hand analysis methods and finite element analysis on metallic and non-metallic structure
- Understand customer requirements and prepare formal, controlled engineering documentation (i.e. structural analysis reports, specifications, etc.)
- Prepare and present design review material in support of technical interchange meetings with suppliers and external/internal customers
- Review designs for preliminary sizing of structural reinforcements and load path definition for structural modifications
- Support design process from preliminary/conceptual design through critical/detail design
- Write, Review or Approve structural substantiation reports that meet technical requirements for the program and certifying authorities (TCCA/FAA/EASA)
- Assess primary structure, secondary structure, and flight test installations from a static strength perspective
- Perform fatigue and damage tolerance assessments based on customer’s mission profile requirements
- Perform Material Review Board (MRB) duties in support of operations activities (as required)
- You must have a Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent.
- You must have a minimum of 8 years of relevant stress engineering experience
- You must have proficiency in FEM tools (i.e. Patran, Nastran, Nasgro, Altair)
- You must have proficiency with all Microsoft Office software applications.
- You have proficiency with CATIA V5
- You have an understanding of civil aircraft certification rules and experience in certification procedures
- You must have excellent communication and listening skills, and the ability to interface constructively and effectively in a cross functional team environment
- You must be able to work independently and efficiently multitask
- You must have a good understanding of aircraft structural load path and have experience with analysis methodologies for various primary and secondary structural components (static, fatigue and damage tolerance)
- MRB is an asset (might be a requirement for some positions)
- Experience in an integration role or function is an asset
- You are eligible to view and handle ITAR material
Participez à la vie chez SEGULA
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring an Stress Engineer to join our growing team in Wichita,KS
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 28 countries with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 11,000 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.