The Environmental, Climate and Energy Position provides leadership, directing and coordinating creation and implementation of the Climate Master Plan, energy and sustainability programs across all departments and the community. Develop strategic partnerships to meet the carbon emissions reduction goals of the Climate Master Plan, energy conservation programs, sustainability initiatives and associated education and outreach programs. Serve as a Plant resource for emissions reduction and sustainability efforts. Responsibilities include program development, implementation, and reporting. Use technical software to model, monitor and evaluate progress towards meeting goals. Serve as staff liaison to both internal and external community partner organizations. Report on compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
You will work independently under general supervision of the Director of Quality, CI and Environmental and the Vice-President of the company. Work closely with the Plant staff, regional, local, and global resources and Global. You may supervise own staff and provide daily direction to employees, as: Engineers, Coordinators, interns, volunteers, consultants, extra labor, or temporary employees as assigned.
- Directs, develops, plans, organizes, and implements the Plant Climate Master Plan, including the Climate Action Plan, emissions reductions and renewable energy supply, climate adaption planning, data collection and modeling efforts, and other environmental sustainability initiatives.
- Responsible for overall program strategy, evaluation, budget preparation and monitoring, cost-estimating and problem-solving.
- Responds and adapts to changing program priorities and goals as set by Plant staff.
- Measures and tracks metrics for success; uses technical software to conduct and analyze greenhouse gas emissions inventories, and model, monitor and evaluate the Plant progress towards meeting Climate Action goals.
- Implements program revisions and updates based on the effectiveness of current program elements.
- Facilitates implementation of the Climate Action Plan and sustainability goals and measures across all NRV departments.
- Meets with department leadership across the Plant, research strategies and recommends changes to departments, helps problem-solve implementation issues, and tracks progress towards goals.
- Coordinates with Plant departments to evaluate, develop and strengthen departmental and plant-wide policies.
- Conducts research, analyzes information and data, and synthesizes research findings into high quality work products, including informative summaries, fact sheets, presentations, and reports.
- Distills and translates complex information into clear, compelling materials for diverse audiences.
- Performs research and analysis of emission reduction measures to inform program implementation efforts.
- Conducts greenhouse emissions assessments using industry standards.
- Works closely with Education and Outreach staff to plan and develop education programs to promote implementation of Climate Action Plan measures and other sustainability initiatives including public awareness and behavior change programs.
- Develops and manages contracts and interlocal agreements to implement Climate Action Plan measures as needed.
- Develops, writes, and administers grant applications in support of the Plant’s climate and energy programs.
- Serves as the Plant’s climate and energy programs liaison to outside entities including jurisdictions, agencies, contractors, and non-governmental partners.
- Develops strategic partnerships within the community to facilitate and expand emissions reduction and energy conservation efforts in support of the Climate Action Plan.
- Monitors federal, state and/or local regulations and guidance and recommends actions to achieve compliance with Environmental, climate and energy policies and practices.