Seat Structure Project Engineer
- Review, understand and document product requirements.
- Establish engineering design targets based on requirements.
- Give direction to product designer(s) to create/modify product designs to meet product targets.
- Perform hand calculations to verify product will meet targets.
- Work with CAE team to analyze product to verify conformance to targets.
- Problem solve and develop solutions to any issues identified by calculations, analysis, prototype and/or production builds, and product testing.
- Complete manual tolerance stacks for structural assembly and components
- Review and markup 2D drawings for all components and assemblies.
- Maintain an engineering open issues list.
- Update team members on project status.
- Attend or run regular meetings with customers and suppliers to review progress, issues, and deliverables.
- Prepare and present status reports with internal leadership.
- Collaborate and co-ordinate with other departments such as quoting/accounting, prototype fabrication, testing, quality control, and/or procurement.
- Identify inefficiencies and suggest improvements in product design, fabrication, and implementation process and suggest improvements.
- Work with component suppliers to resolve all issues. Includes visiting supplier locations, especially during build events.
- Actively participate in all prototype build and testing.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills.
- Ability to identify and creatively solve complex design and build issues.
- Ability to execute logical reasoning and decision-making.
- Basic understanding of metal and plastic component manufacturing processes, as well as metal joining processes
- Proficient in related computer software including Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, 3D CAD viewing
- Sketching/ideation skills preferred
- Detailed knowledge of automotive seating manufacturing processes preferred
- Force/stress calculation skills preferred
- GD&T knowledge and ability to specify on components and assemblies preferred
- Seat structure and/or mechanism product launch experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering required.
- Three or more years of automotive seat structure engineering experience.
Be part of life at SEGULA
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring a Seat Structure Project Engineer to join our growing team in Southfield, MI.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 28 countries with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 11,000 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.