This position will manage inventory strategy processes within the organization and provide local SAP support as the Warehouse Management Key User for SAP. They will be responsible for collaborating with all areas of the business to ensure that inventory and revenue targets are met by ensuring appropriate availability and accuracy of materials to meet on time delivery of shipments. This position will also be responsible for aligning sourcing, production planning and inventory strategies to meet business objectives. This position requires a change agent with a proven track record in high-mix, low-volume industrial manufacturing environments. Key performance indicators for this position will be inventory turns and inventory levels.
- Meet or exceed inventory level commitments to the organization and own KPI monitoring/updates.
- Develop and structure the inventory management for plant inventory levels for raw, WIP and finished goods to meet inventory goals and support demand requirements.
- Work with the plants to implement aggressive Inventory control regimes and manage the cycle count/physical inventory process to assure accuracy.
- Participate in Supply Chain Inventory Planning process from a tactical and strategic standpoint.
- Coordinate with Regional Process Experts to troubleshoot local issues in the WM Module of SAP.
- Collaborate with various departments to maintain system cleanliness and SAP material master data.
- Constantly be looking to identify areas of improvement pertaining to all facets of supply chain and operations and collaborate with finance, sales, and project management to shorten lead times and minimize inventory risk.
- Develop and maintain inventory segregation for project versus product stock.
- Foster a safety culture and drive implementation of safety policies and training to eliminate work related injuries.