For our rail business, we are seeking an experienced Signalling Technician who will be working for a large rollingstock project in Western Australia.
The overall project is to change the concept of operations for a miners rail supply chain. It will involve the delivery of an integrated Rail Management System (RMS) and implement new and enhanced signalling, train control system and automate the railway network at the mines, port and on the main line.
The primary responsibility of the Signalling Technician is to facilitate access to the live location case/relay room (in accordance with Customer’s directive to meet RSNL obligations) in the event of a signalling related issue – role is to take control and escalate to Mine site Operations and Maintenance, not to rectify the fault.
- Previous Rail and/or mine site experience and current high-risk tickets will be advantageous.
- You will be required to carry out tasks along the rail corridor.
- Rail Industry Workers Card (RIW) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of rail asset protection systems.
- Signalling systems knowledge advantageous.
- A current Australian drivers’ licence and WA Construction White Card/Blue Card
- Able to complete and pass all required Compliance testing and pre-employment health assessments, inclusive of ongoing D&A testing
- 100% commitment to Safety
- Must be available and flexible for reactive work opportunities
- Rigor, autonomy and works well in a team working
- Proactive behaviour, sense of anticipation and urgency
- Computer literate including basic Windows, Microsoft office and other relevant programs.
- High degree of integrity and ability to make decisions required by the role’s responsibility.
Interested Candidates must have entitlement to work in Australia