Embedded Software Configuration Engineer
She/He will provide professional expertise in the area of vehicle electrical and embedded software release and configuration management. You will ensure correct integration of new electrical and electronics systems into the vehicle architecture with the focus on change control and appropriately synchronized software/hardware versions.
- Authors or supports the development of the Software Configuration Management plan.
- Recommends tools for the project from the approved range of Change-, Release-, and Configuration Management tools.
- Ensures that the Software Configuration Management plan is followed.
- Administrates baselines and changes to them.
- Performs software breakdowns for Test Objects.
- Creates and maintains Test Objects in the appropriate systems
- Reports problems related to software integration and supports Product Owners with info needed for resolution.
- Ensures that systems/documents and revisions are correctly and uniquely identified.
- Ensures that the naming conventions are followed.
- Ensures that all Software Configuration Items are stored in a correct way.
- Participates in System Specification Baseline Release meetings and Release Board meetings.
- Ensures that the Release Notes are created by the Component Owners for each release.
- Administrates various Change Records.
- Provides software configuration status (Document Plan, Defect Report & Change Order status)
- Chairs or facilitates the Change Control Board meetings.
- MS Computer Science Degree plus five years in product development and software release management in automotive, aerospace, or commercial vehicle.
- Has the ability and desire to learn new tools and to stay updated with the latest technological advancements in the industry.
- Gets things done, approaches tasks with end goal in mind and stays focused on completion.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish. Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Works well in a team involving stakeholders early to collect input and to receive feedback regarding various design solutions.
- Is dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers.
- Recognizes patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action.
- Understands how elements, problems, and situations are related to each other and to the larger environment.
- Reframes traditional patterns of thinking and applies new ideas, methods, designs and technologies.
- Follows through on commitments, producing timely work to required standards, pitching in to get the job done.
- Acts in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results.
- Takes the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results.
- Takes a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acts despite obstacles.
- Builds cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and works to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Performs a wide range of tasks, responds to changes in direction and priorities and accepts new challenges, responsibilities and assignments.
- Has the ability to develop project time plans, set goals and milestones and deliver own items accordingly.
- Can travel regionally and internationally.
Be part of life at SEGULA
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring an Embedded Software Configuration Engineer to join our growing team in Greensboro, NC.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 28 countries with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 11,000 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.