As the Mechanical Engineer – Vehicle Integration, Exhaust Systems, you will be design structural components (casts) as well as bracketry and pipes for the exhaust system. Maintaining our brand reputation is crucial, and this position serves that mission by assuring compliance with all applicable vehicles.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing structural components (castings, bracketry) for muffler mounting.
- Designing exhaust pipes and mounting systems.
- Ensuring new designs fulfill business targets, requirements and Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Feature targets.
- Front-loading work to ensure robust early-stage releases and stable late-stage releases.
- Releasing components as applicable to resolve maintenance issues or secure project deliveries.
- Developing modular systems and components to optimize part diversity.
- Ensuring component durability by requesting analysis and/or physical verification.
- Integrating deliveries from others and secure quality readiness before release.
- Communicating active project deliveries during team meetings.