The successful candidates will be responsible for supporting the upgrade of the facility at an Automotive Manufacturing Plant based in the North West of England. This role requires experience of planning, installing and upgrading PFS facilities at either a brownfield or greenfield site.
Plant floor systems cover the entire shop floor IT from Body through paint and into the Assembly shop. All subsystems for error proofing, process control, and monitoring will need to be considered. You will need to be able to support the selection of the architecture, the technical specifications, scope, and planning of the modifications to the current production system. Working with the existing plant team and as part of a wider project team from Segula, to deliver the project from concepts through to supervising the onsite installation and commissioning, to volume production.
No PLC programming will be required however the ability to understand and be able to hold technical discussions with Line builders will be necessary.
Responsibilities on-site include (but are not limited to)
- Concept development and specification preparation for
- Modifications to PLC’s
- Electrical panels
- Electrical control concepts
- Investigation of all technical requirements of supplier RFQ’s vs Specifications for the above
- Preparation of technical documentation
- Supplier project management tracking of costs, deadlines, quality and delivery
- Attendance and participation at project reviews
- Technical support during installation, commissioning & ramp up to volume production
- Preparing snag lists and tracking actions.
- Supporting problem definition and resolution.
- Interfaces to any other system (process, IT, conveyor, etc.)