Internal Logistics Lead
- Designing and implementing the stations of their scope, monitoring their readiness along the project milestones.
- Working with the other “métiers” to ensure each station meets all requirements (ergo, safety, process, etc....) and later leading their buy off.
- Implementing and/or participating in the update of, all standard quality tools (Checklists, Kaizen Journals, open issue lists, etc.).
- Working with Material Flow Lead to ensure the compatibility of the equipment and layout with the delivery routes, required capacities and flow types.
- Being the main interface between the Packaging Team and the Plant teams. Assisting them to buy off designs and making sure Facilities & Equipment can support packaging plan.
- Working with the F&E Lead to make sure all equipment is up to standard, has a compatible timing with the project schedule (supply and implementation) and is properly located.
- Studying and implementing Minimal Material Handling topics.
- Identifying the opportunities.
- Presenting to specialists.
- Designing and implementing concepts agreed upon.
- Updating the CAD to match the expected layout, tracking inaccuracies.
- Working with the PFEP Lead in maintaining the transparent status of each station within the Lead's assigned zone(s).
- Monitoring and reporting status of the studies and implementation progress and performance using standard procedures and reference documents (Open issue lists, Checklists, PFEP data, Kaizen Journal, Timeline, Checklist, Issue Lists, Lessons Learned, Best Practices, etc.).
- Conducting the required action plans to ensure station readiness according to project timing.
- Being a proactive member of the launch process and opening issues against other groups for topics that are detrimental to ILE Station Readiness, Material Flow and F&E process, then following up those issues until closure.
- Master’s degree in industrial engineering with Logistics specialty, Supply Chain Management, or related field/work experience.
- 7+ years of automotive internal logistics experience in an Industrial Engineering position.
- 3+ years of project team management, including reporting.
- Experience managing suppliers.
- Experience in change management in industrial environments.
- Proficient in MS Office – Including Excel and Access.
- Proficient in the Autodesk Product Design & Manufacturing Collection (in particular: Inventor, Factory Design Utilities, AutoCAD 2D/3D, Navisworks).
- Basic knowledge of ergonomics, AGVs, procurement and industrial safety principles.
- Experience working in a union environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience utilizing ODCICS2 preferred.
- Experience utilizing Flow Planner (ProPlanner) preferred.
- Experience utilizing Team center required.
Be part of life at SEGULA
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of the offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring an Internal Logistics Lead to join our growing team in Warren, MI.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 28 countries and with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 11,000 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.