The engineer is to lead the systems interface and integration work between the signaling system (RMS), locomotive and Remote Control Locomotive (RCL) system.
• Be responsible and accountable for the design coordination between client, operator and Alstom on the interface design between signalling system (Rail Management System – RMS) and existing locomotive and RCL system.
• To develop, implement and lead the system integration activities related to existing locomotives and RCL system with RMS signalling System.
• Responsible for the interface and integration work between RMS and Locomotive-RCL systems work, which include:
i. Information exchange of input drawings, specifications, operational rules, manual, existing hazards etc.
ii. Interface point definition (incl. IHA, HAZOP, update on the existing hazards, with support from SA team.)
iii. Feasibility Studies
iv. Interface Requirement Definition
v. Review the System Architecture Diagram (SAD)
vi. Review the Interface Design between System (Conceptual & Detailed Design)
• Responsible to develop the RMS & Locomotive interface specification with customer.
• Responsible to develop the RMS & RCL interface specification with customer.
• The interface specification will include the feasibility studies, interface requirement specification and scope split between RMS and Locomotive; RMS and RCL.
• Support System Integration Manager on the development of the T&C between RMS and Locomotive; RMS and RCL.
• Review the existing interface specification, if there is any, and ensure the document is well developed.
• Review and support the coordinated design between RMS and Locomotive; RMS and RCL.
• Review the design of locomotive and RCL due to the introduction of RMS to align with the design specification.
• Review and support the development of the T&C activities between RMS and Locomotive; RMS and RCL.
• Support the development of the Interface Hazard Analysis (IHA) between RMS and Locomotive; RMS and RCL with Safety Assurance (SA) team.
• Provide support for the preparation of Impact Assessment Report (IAR), if there are any changes required, to ensure all the impacts are being assessed and acknowledged.
• Provide support to customer about the works related to System Integration for Locomotive and RLC, with the lead from People and Process Engineer, such as the review of rail operation processes and procedures.
• Support System Integration Manager on the development of the T&C between RMS, Locomotive and RCL System.