- Provide to the Bid Manager the estimate of engineering effort needed for the bid preparation.
- Negotiate with the Project Engineering Directors and manage the allocation of the technical team in line with the bid needs.
- Analyze, with the support of System Architects, the potential gaps between the customer's specification and standard solutions and products and support the Bid Manager and Tender Leader in defining the most suitable compliance strategy
- Build the system architecture applying the solution chosen with the support from the Solutions Directors.
- Coordinate, from a technical point of view, the bid internal stakeholders and the external stakeholders to ensure overall understanding of the bid technical strategy.
- When applicable, propose the migration strategy to be applied with close collaboration with the Senior Signaling Engineers, as well as the Installation and Test and Commissioning teams.
- Perform requirements compliance analysis and/or clause-by-clause of technical bid documents.
- Consolidate the technical assumptions applicable to the bid and ensure consistency between all work packages.
- Prepare and lead a Technical Design Review up to the approval of the technical scope associated to the bid.
- Lead the preparation and consolidation of the technical documentation to be delivered with the bid.
- Coordinate the engineering quotations and risks evaluation checking for overall consistency and competitiveness.
- Support Bid Manager during the negotiation with the customer, identifying any technical change during that phase.
- Lead interfaces with 3rd Parties.
- Ensure a smooth handover with the PrEM (Project Engineering Manager) or SDIM (System Deployment and Integration Manager) in case of contract award, including the requirements, architecture, technical assumptions, engineering strategy, schedule, and workload.
- In some cases, support the Project Manager and engineering team for complex variation orders on existing projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or scientific subjects required.
- Master’s in business administration and/or Master’s in project management preferred.
- Engineering background including project deployment full lifecycle view until commissioning.
- Hands-on experience on functional or hierarchical team management.
- Cost and planning control experience in engineering scope.
- Hands-on experience on Customer relationship in contractual situations.
- 5 years’ or more experience in Rail Signaling industry.
- 2 years’ or more experience in Technical Management.
- Products and services knowledge on different market segments (Urban, Mainline, Freight).
- Engineering product development full lifecycle view.
- Safety background.
- 2 years’ or more experience with ATC2 years’ or more experience with CBI and traditional signaling equipment.
- 2 years’ or more experience with ATS/ICC.
Scott C., Director of Engineering Programs in the USA
Role at SEGULA Technologies:
I am the Director of Engineering Programs for SEGULA’s Drivetrain, Chassis and Suspension Center of Excellence in the USA. I am responsible for the complete business unit from business development to profitability, with a keen focus on leadership, collaboration and quality in delivery of our technical services to our clients.
I have been working in the Automotive Industry for my entire professional career with experiences ranging from high volume manufacturing, project engineering, account management, and corporate leadership responsibilities.
I have a Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering Technology and have continued my growth through involvement in industry organizations, societies, university advisory, professional forums and technical education.
+ greatest projects:
I had the opportunity to spend 9-months working side by side with the companies and people who build wheeled vehicles for our military. We provided expertise in design, system integration, and technical consulting during the manufacturing of the first generation vehicles which were being purposefully built for critical and specialized missions.
+ greatest passion:
I am passionate about spending time outside, enjoying the warmth and sunshine of summer days. I enjoy boating, fishing trips and landscaping. I also enjoy diagnosing mechanical issues and working with my hands to fix them.
+ greatest dream:
Professionally, my greatest dream is to incorporate my enthusiasm for emerging technologies and business leadership into the fast paced and adrenaline filled motorsports industry. Where hopefully, I can also get my hands dirty from time to time. Personally, I am focused on being a good first-time father and supporting my wife’s dreams.
+ at SEGULA Technologies:
SEGULA’s diverse range of engineering projects keep us learning and consistently challenged. The ability to collaborate on an international scale has provided a world of opportunity for growth and ensures efficient project execution as we support the mission of our clients by leveraging the most competitive and innovative methods possible.
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is assisting a major automotive OEM in hiring a Bid Technical Manager to join our growing team in Toronto, ON.
This is a DIRECT hire opportunity, NOT a Contractual role.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including comprehensive relocation package, and great opportunities for career growth!