For our rail business, we are seeking an experienced Test Engineer (ETCS) who would initially be working for a large rollingstock project in Brisbane.
Segula’s rail group is responsible for supporting numerous Projects throughout Australia and this role will provide an opportunity for the right individual to be involved in all aspects of delivery from design to handover into operations.
The initial project is the delivery of upgraded rollingstock vehicles for the Brisbane metro network. Additional projects will be detailed in due time.
Key Technical Skills:
- Understanding the technical interfaces between the software packages and resolving issues
- Reporting of issues to the Project Manager
- Write test procedures and specifications, planning test activities
- Manage and deliver Integrated commissioning and phase testing
- Responsible for availability of detailed test schedules
- Obtain customer acceptance of all testing phases
• ETCS – Input Requirement:
- Develop integration test specification to cover the component specification and architecture (system functional level).
- Based on the sequence of testing, develop test procedures accordingly.
- Review and update test procedures where required, including checklist to ensure test readiness.
- Identify test exemptions and submissions made to the customer.
- Ensure all test report are completed and accepted by the customer.
- Develop and maintain Type Test Qualification Plan.
- Develop and manage Test schedule.
• ETCS – Integrated commissioning:
- Govern, Prepare and Execute [GR6]
- Ensure harmonization with the test schedule with relevant stakeholders and Design management plan
- Ensure harmonisation of test schedule with Quality and DPS until authorisation.
- Preparation and delivery of Train Zero
Commission Train Zero
- Manage vehicle functional tests including sub-systems.
- Support the preparation and presentation of the testing gate review as required by the Chief Engineer and Engineering Project Manager and Vehicle Validation Manager.
- Provide status updates and reporting regarding: planning, execution status, forecast to EPM.
• ETCS – Vehicle Type testing, authorisation, and customer acceptance:
- Coordinate Regression tests
- Coordinate Functional type test
- Deliver test reports to the EPM and Chief Engineer.
- Track and close out outstanding issue list (OIL).
- Responsible for compliance with the qualification test plan milestones
- Approximately 3+ years post graduate experience within a relevant engineering field
- Test and Commissioning experience of similar rail systems.
- Systems Engineering and Requirements management for rail projects
- Very good understanding of engineering processes and tools
- Agile mindset, able to work across multiple projects/disciplines
- Proactive and energetic problem solver
- Desire to learn from a wide discipline set
- High standard of oral and written communications
- Post-graduate or vocational training in fields of systems engineering, requirements management, maintenance, reliability, systems safety, systems assurance, asset management would be desirable
- Very good working experience in an international environment
- Visionary thinking and able to implement strategy initiatives in his/her domain of expertise
- Understand interface and impact with other technical domains
- Rigor, autonomy and works well in a team working
- Proactive behaviour, sense of anticipation and urgency
- High degree of integrity and ability to make decisions required by the role’s responsibility.
- Previous experience in the railway industry is a highly desirable asset.