- Teaches LEAN methodology and associated tools (5S, POUS, 5Whys, Root Cause analysis, value stream mapping) to analyze and optimize activity with the operations team.
- Identifies value-added and non-value-added steps.
- Maps future state conditions including opportunities for improvement and action plans.
- Coordinate with all areas and departments at Facility Level to ensure appropriate information flow and understanding of overall process improvement direction.
- Ensures standardization across aircraft models and Facility.
- Leads problem solving events (5M, 8D analysis) to eliminate reoccurring problems.
- Develop lists of product / process improvement projects per department and uses Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology for implementation in the workplace.
- Prepares materials and supplies needed.
- Leads project implementation and associated LEAN / IT Tools deployment.
- Ensures consistency and communication with Operations / Operations Support Management.
- Teaches LEAN methodology and tools to reduce waste and improve work environment.
- Prepares and conducts process improvement events across facility.
- Supports operations to follow the defined standards with the same task sequencing across all teams and employee’s skillset.
- Develops metrics to evaluate efficiency & trend lines of program.
- Leads in boardwalks & conducts audits to ensure progress.
- Reports daily activities to management including accomplishments, participation, projected activities.
- Teaches problem solving skills/tools across departments to overcome issues and adjusts plan if necessary.
- Uses Lean Enterprise and methods to match specific organizational needs as outlined by management and adapts as required to converge industry standards with the help of direct Manager and Team Leader.
- Promotes & Advocates continuous improvement culture and development of a self-sustaining LEAN program, while adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates leadership, guidance and technical support to all LEAN Analysts and Operations Management.
- Support LEAN Team Leader in preparation and deployment of further LEAN Standard.
- Must demonstrate ACE (A Culture of Excellence) values: Customer Spirit, Human Qualities, Technological Excellence and Innovation, Economic Performance, and Openness to the World.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical / Industrial or Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Technology, LEAN Manufacturing or Business. (May substitute one (1) year of college education for two (2) years of work experience).
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in manufacturing environment, and/or aircraft/components completions, and/or aircraft maintenance, which includes 2 years of prior LEAN and Continuous Improvement experience.
- Proven success in managing multiple concurrent and complex projects, involving internal and external resources.
- Excellent problem-solving skills through detailed action planning.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, SharePoint.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with all levels of personnel.
- Master’s degree in industrial engineering or LEAN Manufacturing.
- LEAN Certificate (Bronze), Six Sigma Certificate (Green belt) or higher.
- Previous experience and/or formal training in Project Management.
- Previous experience working in BUs
- Good teamwork skills.
- Supervisory or leadership experience.
- Code in SQL and VBA.
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring a LEAN Engineer to join our growing team in Little Rock, AR.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 30 countries with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 13,000 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.