We are currently looking for a team of Engineers to work from our Client's site in Solihull.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be working in the department which is responsible for all Manufacturing Engineering activities within Body in White on new vehicle, model year programmes or current programs. This role will provide engineering and technical support to design, develop, implement and maintain manufacturing production processes and associated equipment to enable successful launch of new products, ensuring feasibility of all designs to suit manufacturing build requirements, Design for Assembly (DFA) and compliance with the Bill of Process (BOP).
This includes the creation and continuous improvement of process, all process equipment, delivery of tools, jigs & fixtures, quality problem solving, data analysis and reporting of major issues, deployment of failure mode avoidance tools, support of cross-functional teams in the resolution of those issues on projects and the tracking of resolution through to completion.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Application of Lean Manufacturing and Design principles.
- Responsibility for Control Plan adherence and updates.
- Attend meetings at all levels and present where applicable.
- Feasibility of all process designs to suit manufacturing build requirements – Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Build process strategy for manufacturing.
- Planning, developing, implementation and continuous improvement of all capable GSPAS Processes for manufacturing, including change management.
- Planning, development, procurement and implementation of all Process equipment tooling, jigs and fixtures for manufacturing.
- Management of equipment design & procurement process
- Management of process equipment Installation where applicable
- Supplier selection and vendor management.
- Process Capability of all processes, product and equipment, including Dimensional Management applications.
- Quality Planning, Problem Solving and Analysis for Manufacturing.
- Involvement in the departments work through development and monitoring of timing plans.
- Ensure adherence to Integrated Production System (IPS) deliverables.
- Manage technical issues and escalate where appropriate.
- Contribute in the development and submission of departmental responses to product letters etc.
- Support and lead virtual build events, raising and managing issues where appropriate.
- Support physical builds at Assembly Plant locations, raising and managing issues where appropriate.
- Problem resolution in current manufacturing
- Manage the Change during launch and current vehicle changes
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.