We're looking for a Project Engineer - Mechanical Conveyors to join our team on a customer project in Ellesmere Port. Our future colleague will have a mechanical engineering background and will be the single point of contact (SPOC) for our customer and third-party suppliers. You will manage a conveyor project on behalf of PME-RACE-Handling Systems.
You'll coordinate all internal Opel/ Vauxhall (O/V) and external interfaces to third parties and manage the interface between O/V and the conveyor supplier. You'll will assist with the start of production after any modification on an active conveyor during weekends or major shutdowns. Some occasional travel to suppliers might be required.
The Project Engineer - Mechanical Conveyors will have experience in conveyor systems of the automotive industry and shall be able to solve technical problems with the conveyor supplier. You'll validate technical alternatives to guarantee best-practice solutions. As our future colleague, you'll be responsible to achieve the given execution timing and to stay within the given project budget. You'll manage and support the ordering process to conveyor suppliers respecting O/V purchasing rules. The approval for ordering is solely given by our customer's management. The Project Engineer will escalate any important issue to the responsible conveyor project leader of RACE at Rüsselsheim or to his nominated representative.
You will organize meetings and find agreements with the plant, third-party suppliers, and PME representatives of various departments in line with the targets given by conveyor systems. You'll document all project relevant facts and agreements and initiates all required activities to achieve full compliance with the requirements of the project and the conveyor standards of Opel/Vauxhall. You'll monitor and support the work progress at the conveyor supplier and onsite during the installation phase until a successful acceptance of the Plant representatives. Our future colleague will follow up on all open items of the acceptance tests and checks the complete contracted delivery of the conveyor suppliers for conformity of the contracts.
- Study and understand the technical specifications.
- Propose and evaluate technical alternatives with PowerPoint presentations and development of a decision matrix.
- Verify the received technical documents from third parties.
- Attend technical meetings on site.
- Attend technical meetings at our offices in Rüsselsheim as and when required
- Attend technical meetings at the supplier site as and when required
- Write follow-up reports of the status of the areas under the conveyor's main contractor's responsibility.
- Check and follow up the implementation timing.
- Coordinate any work at the plant.
- Coordinate activities with other O/V departments.
- Report any deviation immediately and ask for corrective actions.
- Summarize all activities in weekly working reports.
- Execute change management and deliver a justification for O/V ordering process.
- Check timely drawing availability
- Report proposed technical solution to ME conveyor system for approval
- Write specifications for conveyor contract amendments on MS-Word
- Development of timing plans on MS-Project / Excell / Other ‘timing management tool
- Tracking of project timing
- Track the cost of the project
- Consolidate the forecast for the oncoming months
- Follow-up progress of the engineering tasks
- Organization of problem-solving meetings and preparation of presentations on MS-Power Point
- Follow-up timely approval of drawings and systems
- Start Action Item List (AOL). Documentation of all meeting results
- Collect manufacturing progress reports.
- Follow-up corrective actions.
- Integrate all findings into a timing chart.
- Check manufacturing at a supplier site and perform a pre-acceptance test before shipping.
- Report readiness of all deliverables.
Installation and commissioning:
- Follow-up and support Risk assessment and Method Statement (RAMS) delivery of conveyor main contractor.
- Follow-up of all work on a daily basis
- Call for meetings to correct any deviations
- Coordinate and check readiness of interfaces between parties.
- Attendance of daily status meetings onsite.
- Facilitate the onsite project reporting board.
- Invite, perform and document acceptance tests according Contex.
- Document and Follow up open items from the acceptance test with the conveyor suppliers and confirms execution.
- Check and document scope of delivery of contracted conveyor suppliers
- Confirms correctness of invoices by his signature and initiates payments of O/V.
- Check of delivered documentations as per O/V standard.