As a Feature Lead Engineer, you will provide technical and functional expertise in the areas of ergonomics and human factors to enhance the design, manufacturability, and serviceability of equipment and controls for the vehicle cab and surrounding areas (with a particular focus on the Cab Body, Exterior and Interior areas). This is done through the application of digital human modeling software, used for evaluation and design of driver environments for commercial and global truck interiors and exteriors.
- Serving as a specialist within the ergonomics and human factors areas, requiring limited direction and supervision and serving as a consultant/contact worldwide for his/her areas of expertise.
- Planning, conducting, and leading experiments/clinics to collect pertinent data.
- Conducting applied and theoretical human factors and ergonomics research to develop design requirements for projects.
- Supporting the cross functional balancing of ergo and human factors requirements with other interfacing feature requirements.
- Monitoring and assessing requirement fulfillment and validate resulting feature levels in project deliveries.
- Developing CAD concepts and designs of various vehicle exterior and interior components associated with driver environment and packaging.
- Keeping track of CAD studies and simulations relating to ergonomics and visibility.
- Participating in cross-functional & cross-site teams such as Feature Coordination Teams, Global Expertise Teams, all used to develop Feature Development Plans, as well as participating in Advanced Engineering projects and closely follow the evolution of Ergonomics demands.